NewDay USA Gold Star Scholarships
Purpose: To recognize the commitment and sacrifice that our Veterans and military families have made to our country, the NewDay USA Foundation has established a scholarship fund for candidates desiring to attend select military high schools. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist young men and women in their pursuit of academic success and character development, and to prepare them to become leaders.
The NewDay USA Foundation Scholarship may provide up to $15,000 tuition assistance for students attending these schools. Participating schools will match this award. Families are expected to contribute as they are abl. Eligible students may apply for the scholarships by completing an application with the schools to which they have been accepted.
- Admiral Farragut Academy - St. Petersburg, Florida
- Army and Navy Academy - Carlsbad, California
- Camden Military Academy - Camden, South Carolina
- Fork Union Military Academy - Fork Union, Virginia
- Georgia Military College - Milledgeville, Georgia
- Hargrave Military Academy - Chatham, Virginia
- Howe Military Academy - Howe, Indiana
- Lyman Ward Military Academy - Camp Hill, Alabama
- Marine Military Academy - Harlingen, Texas
- Missouri Military Academy - Mexico, Missouri
- New Mexico Military Institute - Roswell, New Mexico
- New York Military Academy - Cornwall-on-Hudson, New York
- Oak Ridge Military Academy - Oak Ridge, North Carolina
- Riverside Military Academy - Gainesville, Georgia
- St. Catherine's Academy - Anaheim, California
- St. John's Military School - Salina, Kansas
- St. John's Northwestern Military Academy - Delafield, Wisconsin
- Saint Thomas Academy - Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- TMI - The Episcopal School of Texas - San Antonio, Texas
- Valley Forge Military Academy - Wayne, Pennsylvania
An applicant's parent or legal guardian must be:
- a fallen U.S. armed service member killed on active duty; or,
- a U.S. Veteran who has died due to their combat related service, or
- a member of the armed forces who has been seriously and completely disabled in combat
- independent of the scholarship application, applicants must apply to and be accepted by school to which they are applying
- Priority is given to the children whose parents or guardians who have made the ultimate sacrifice, or sustained severe and complete disability in combat
- Applicants will be evaluated based on all submitted materials. Essays, transcripts and references are key to evaluating the potential applicant.
- Financial circumstance of the applicant's family may be considered
- Select from any one of the participating schools on the AMCSUS website
- Apply and be accepted to that school
- Work with the Admissions office at that school to submit the scholarship application
Please note that the scholarships are competitive, and not all applicants who qualify for consideration will be awarded scholarships.
For more information, contact your participating school or contact Gary Morrison, Executive Director, NewDay USA Foundation, at 1-877-423-1214.