Military School Is Unique
Military schools and military colleges offer unique challenges and great opportunities for today's youth.
A quality education is the foundation of each of the Association's member schools as they prepare young men and women to be engaged citizens and leaders of character by offering an exceptional learning experience with emphasis on character development, leadership training, and academic excellence.
Military academies and colleges stand on core values--like honor, integrity, duty, service and self-discipline. Traditional values are the hallmarks of AMCSUS military schools and colleges and our graduates embrace lives that reflect a commitment to these values.
A structured setting provides an ideal environment to learn and mature. Each of our military schools provides a unique learning environment that facilitates development and growth based on the age and experiences of the individual student. Time management, self-discipline, and motivation help each student identify clear goals for their growth and development. A nurturing and supportive faculty and staff are always available to assist each individual student through the challenges they will face.
The transferable skills learned at military schools or colleges are leveraged by our graduates regardless of the career path they choose.
- Military Colleges and Schools provide the structure, focus and leadership opportunities that facilitates and supports a rich liberal arts education
- Military Colleges and Schools develop the "whole person" through a balance of STEM, language, arts and athletics programs
- Military Colleges and Schools incorporate character development, values and service (to others) across all of their programs
- Military Colleges and Schools are demanding and hold their students to a higher standard; this is done with purpose and without apology
- The vast majority of military school graduates never wear a military uniform after graduation, but the transferable lessons gained through the "military education model" will serve them for the rest of their lives
- Military College and School graduates gain the leadership skills, strength of character, and resilience necessary to succeed in any endeavor or career
- Military Colleges and Schools develop leaders of character who bring positive change to their communities, our nation, and the world
Senior Military Colleges
Four Year Colleges & Universities provide a superb education leading to a baccalaureate degree and, for those who choose, the opportunity to be part of a military organization that emphasizes leadership development, service, and core values--like honor, integrity, duty, service and self-discipline.
All schools offer optional programs that can lead to a commission in the Armed Services of our country.
Military Junior Colleges
Two-Year Colleges offering an Associates Degree provide highly motivated young adults a smooth transition from high school to college with a rigorous academic program in a military-styled setting.
Our Junior Colleges also have unique programs (e.g. Early Commissioning Program) that offer the opportunity for early commissioning in the Armed Forces.
College Preparatory Schools provide a quality education that prepares each student for success at college and develops the values and leadership skills necessary for productive citizenship.
Our College Prep Schools include both boys-only and coed programs. While the majority of our membership are boarding schools, some are day schools. We also have a growing number of charter schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is not an exhaustive list and may not represent every school. Please contact each school directly for their specific answers.