The ultimate goal of the AMCSUS Drill Competition is to foster awareness and camaraderie amongst our member schools
Schools wishing to participate in the drill competition notify the AMCSUS Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org NLT 1 Nov 2018 that they have reviewed and agreed the Rules of Engagement described below.
The 2018 AMCSUS Drill Competition will be a bit different than in the previous two years.
This year's competition replaces the sealed envelop containing a series of specific commands with the opportunity for your corps to highlight their best regulation drill performance in a period of two minutes or less.
Rules of Engagement
- School must notify AMCSCU Executive Director (email@example.com) of their intent to participate NLT 1 November 2018
- School chooses the drill date, location, uniform, arms, covers, and formation members
- Drill will be regulation (not exhibition)
- Drill will be no more than 2 minutes in length
- Following elements are recorded by the school (goal is to keep the entire formation in the frame throughout the 2-minute drill)
- Cadet representative states: "Greetings, I'm (rank and name), today is (date), and it is my honor to introduce (school's name)'s Drill Competition Team"
- Formation should already be formed (ideally directly behind the cadet who introduces the team)
- Two-minute clock begins when the Formation Commander calls the group to "Attention"
- The Drill Commander directs the formation through whatever regulation drill sequence desired but must return formation to position of "Attention" followed by "Dismissed" prior to the expiration of the 2-minute drill
- Video should be uploaded to YouTube and the link sent to firstname.lastname@example.org NLT 21 Dec 2018
Grading Matrix (maximum 35 points)
- Formation Commander's command voice and presence (5 points)
- Drill sequence did not exceed 2-minute timing criteria (5 points; all or nothing)
- Formation's ability to execute drill commands (10 points)
- Difficulty of commands, pacing, sequencing (5 points)
- Appearance of cadets (5 points)
- Energy of cadets (5 points)