New Mexico Military Institute
Troop Leadership Advisor
About New Mexico Military Institute: NMMI is a state-supported, co-educational college preparatory high school and junior college, complete with Junior and Senior ROTC programs. With a Corps of Cadets numbering up to 1000 young men and women, NMMI provides an accredited college preparatory curriculum on the high school level.
Position: The Troop Leadership Advisor (TLA) is directly responsible for the safety, security, health and welfare, mentoring, counseling, discipline and accountability, and in-part, leader development of a troop of 60 – 90 cadets (with few exceptions) between 14 and 21 years of age. This is a 10-month, full – time position. Pay range offered for the Troop Leadership Advisorposition is $47,500 to $52,500. Job description available upon request.
· Exhibit exceptional bearing, presence (appearance), and commitment to duty. As directed, be prepared to dress in the uniform of the day
· Prepare reports and correspondence in support of the Commandant’s Staff and the Corps of Cadets
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Commandant or Deputy Commandant of Operations
· Possess an understanding of the organizational structure and operational functions
· Possess the ability and desire to learn and teach basic leadership skills training for ages 14 to 22 years of age
· Demonstrate the ability to address complex issues through written and oral communication
|Why Should You Apply?
· Excellent comprehensive benefits through the State of New Mexico: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, sick leave, paid holidays, and much more
· NMMI offers a rich history and tradition of educating tomorrow’s leaders since 1891
· Development opportunities
How to Apply: Send application, resume, transcripts, and letter of interest to the NMMI HR Office located in Lusk Hall, 101 W College Blvd, Roswell, NM, 88201 or email to email@example.com . Applications are located at https://www.nmmi.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/ NMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.