Job Title: Grade level teaching assistant
Reports to: Elementary School Principal
Mission: To prepare cadets for today’s colleges and tomorrow’s careers by engaging cadets in a rigorous and high-tech curriculum in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) while building strong moral character through an environment of military leadership development.
General Description: Assist classroom teacher with student/small group support, lesson planning, grading, preparing for day-to-day activities, morning/lunch/afterschool duties, and other duties deemed necessary by classroom teacher/school principal.
- Knowledge of CMA behavior standards and requirements
- Ability to follow direction and carry out classroom teacher instructions
- Ability to follow general classroom teacher Lesson plans
- Ability to attend professional development/trainings as needed
- Ability to pass a criminal history background check
- Ability to implement/follow classroom/school rules, procedures, discipline set forth by school
- Ability to supervise students in the classroom, school, during instruction, transitions
- Some related experience including public contact is desirable
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid First Aid Certificate
- Assist students by delivering the educational/lesson plan, and meeting the goals and objectives of the classroom teacher
- Communicate needs/issues regarding academics to classroom teacher
- Maintain appropriate files and records, attach all supporting documentation; ensure confidentiality of all records and files as needed.
- Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts. Use alternative methods/strategies as directed by classroom teacher
- Operate and care for various office machines to prepare classroom materials
- Assist with supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, lunch and field trips
- Implement/follow school wide rules/procedures/expectations.
Physical requirements to perform this job:
This position may require some moderate lifting (up to 25 pounds unassisted), repeated bending, moving throughout the building, and sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
Work Environment & Conditions:
Normal business hours are Monday-Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm. Schedule adjusted for inclement weather. Additional hours may be required for special events. Unpaid 30-minute lunch.
Dress code: Clean, business casual attire.
Benefits: health, vision, dental, life insurance and PERA retirement
$14 – 15.50 DOE