Admiral Farragut Academy seeks a
for its Residential Life Team
Admiral Farragut Academy seeks an engaging and energetic TAC (Teach-Advise-Counsel) Mentor to live on campus, among our male and female boarding students in grades 8-12. This position is responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive environment for the academic and personal success of boarding students, while integrating the requirements of the physical, military, academic, moral, and ethical programs. The position is full-time throughout the academic year (meals and housing included), with summers off.
ABOUT ADMIRAL FARRAGUT ACADEMY: Admiral Farragut Academy is a private college preparatory school with a military structure, small classes, a waterfront campus, and a progressive approach to education. Located in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, Admiral Farragut Academy is about 5 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico.
KEY COMPONENTS OF THE JOB:
- Building positive interpersonal relationships with each boarding student
- Supervising Study Hall classes and providing hands-on learning support
- Holding boarders accountable for their behavior
- Actively engaging with students through a variety of physical, intellectual and social activities
- Being a positive role model
- Facilitating conflict resolution
- Chaperoning and driving students as needed
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: At least two years of direct experience working with youth in a residential setting such as summer academic programs, summer camp, or boarding school. (Pluses include: military experience at E-5 or above, experience with multicultural populations, fluency in a foreign language, CDL license)
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS include:
- Ability to pass a Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint clearance and drug screen
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Valid State of Florida driver’s license and a clean driving record (or the ability to obtain a Florida driver’s license within 30 days of hire)
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification (may be completed within 30 days of hire)
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends
- Ability to move around student dorms, including stairs
Becky McClure, SPHR/SHRM-SCP
Chief Human Resource Officer
Admiral Farragut Academy
727-384-4374 | Fax: 727-499-6921
FOR MORE ABOUT ADMIRAL FARRAGUT ACADEMY, go to https://farragut.org/
For more about our vibrant community, go to http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/communities/st-petersburg