Colorado Military Academy is a tuition free public charter school for K-12 conveniently located next to Peterson SFB. Pre-K is available as a tuition-based program.
CMA offers a structured learning environment inspiring academic excellence, self-discipline, responsibility, and community involvement with the support of peers, instructors, and mentors. CMA is invested in developing leadership skills in all of our Cadets. Our young leaders are inspired on a daily basis through student-led mentorship programs and integrated leadership opportunities. Continued leadership growth and our strong academic program provides a pathway for college-bound students while the Civil Air Patrol program provides experience, character development, and bonds that will last a lifetime. The practical leadership experience earned at CMA will be beneficial regardless of the path they choose in life. At Colorado Military Academy, we strive to maintain a positive, collaborative, supporting work environment for all of our staff. We believe that happy staff create happy, successful students.
Colorado Military Academy is looking for a Special Education Teacher to join our team, working with students from K-6. We pride ourselves on our staff comradery, positive work culture and supportive administration.
· Conducts an organized and professional classroom where independent thinking skills, creative problem solving, and a love of learning are fostered.
· Develops and uses instructional material suitable for a wide range of learning styles, and provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs.
· Maintains accurate and appropriate records and assessment data to effectively evaluate academic and social growth of students.
· Collaborate with teachers to provide appropriate curriculum modifications as required.
· Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
· Track, manage, and provide services for student IEPs.
Qualified applicants will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Special Education
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Effective student management skills
· All employees must successfully complete a background check
· Demonstrated success in modifying curriculum.
· Knowledge of and experience with pre-referral interventions and behavior contracts, as well as IEP, ILP, 504 guidelines and procedures.
· Master’s degree in Special Education
· Valid Colorado Teaching License with Special Education endorsement
· 1+ years prior experience in Special Education
· Familiarity with PowerSchool and Enrich
· Military or Civil Air Patrol experience a plus
Physical requirements to perform this job:
This position may require some lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, moving throughout the building, and standing for long periods.
Work Environment & Conditions:
Business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00pm on school days. Schedule will be adjusted for inclement weather. Shifts in excess of 5 hours receive a 30-minute unpaid, duty-free lunch period.
Clean, business casual attire.
Job Type: Full-time
This position’s salary begins at $50,000, depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to pass a background check?
Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Special Education Certification (Preferred)