VALLEY FORGE MILLITARY ACADEMY AND COLLEGE
POSITION TITLE: Registered Nurse and/or Licensed Practical Nurse
Department: Health Center
Direct Supervisor: Director of Health Center
Position(s) Supervised: N/A
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
RN/LPN provides routine and emergency nursing care to the Corps of Cadets. The candidate can work Part-time or Per Diem; day, evening, weekend, and night shifts needed. 4, 8, or 12 hour shifts available. It is mandatory that all pool/per diem RN/LPN employees work a minimum of 16 hours per month.
- Assess cadets’ health status and implement care at sick call following established treatment protocols.
- Provide emergency care to cadets and refer to appropriate consultant or treatment facility.
- Maintain confidentiality of cadet health status and records in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Communicate cadet health care needs to parent/guardian in a clear and professional manner.
- Administer medication/treatment orders as directed by school physician in a timely manner as per established protocols.
- Provide direct nursing care to all cadets confined to the Health Center.
- Document all care, treatment, and outcomes in the medical record in a timely, accurate and legible manner.
- Communicate/collaborate with school physician, and other health center staff to ensure prompt completion and follow up of treatment orders.
- Provide health education on variety of topics pertinent to adolescent population.
- Administer immunizations and allergy injections as required.
- Maintain accuracy of immunization records.
- Participate in cadet physical examinations as directed.
- Participate in cadet registration procedures as needed.
- Provide nursing support at special functions as needed (parades, Parent’s Weekend, Alumni Weekend, etc.)
- Maintain CPR/AED certification.
- Perform other duties at the discretion of Health Center Director.
Educations: Successful completion of an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum three years nursing experience.
- School nursing and/or clinic background preferred.
- Creativity, energy, and enthusiasm in working with adolescents.
- Organization skills needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work as a team player.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The administration reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.