Georgia Military College – Milledgeville Campus announces the immediate hiring of an Operations Officer with a start date of 3 January 2022, reporting directly to the Commandant of Cadets. The Operations Officer is the primary officer responsible for the development and synchronization of all cadet operations to include coordination with internal and external stakeholders. This individual provides direct oversight to the GMC Scholars Program and handles all functions associated with GMC’s partnership with four U.S. Service Academies to include managing Academy admissions requirements, reception, training, counseling, physical fitness training, and matriculation. The Operations Officer develops and manages the Corps of Cadets’ master events list and training schedules to ensure all institutional calendars are updated and accurate. This individual is responsible for planning, development, and execution of summer JROTC Cadet Leadership Challenge (JCLC) programs hosted at GMC. The Operations Officers receives request for cadet support from GMC senior and community leaders and prioritize which requests the Corps can support. Identifies guest speakers to participate in the Corps’ Leadership Engagement Series and makes sure the obstacle course and rappel tower are in good working order. Additional areas of responsibility include strategic planning, cadet sponsorship, participation in Corps of Cadets physical fitness program, be prepared to work weekends as required (with prior coordination) and other tasks as assigned by the Commandant of Cadets.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop/manage Master Events List, Corps training schedules, and work with cadet leaders to establish training priorities.
- Deconflict Corps events and training with the Military Science Department and other GMC departments.
- Direct oversight of GMC Academy Scholars Program to include physical fitness training.
- Work with Deputy Commandant to manage Tactical Officers to ensure all Corps training and administrative programs are operating efficiently and in accordance with Corps policies.
- Work with Commandant Manager/Coordinator to develop community service/fundraising opportunities for the Corps.
- Prepare and brief GMC senior leaders, distinguished visitors, large groups, and critical stakeholders on GMC, the Corps of Cadets, and cadet programs.
- Direct oversight of GMC’s JCLC summer training program.
- Opportunity to serve as the GMC rifle team coach.
- Master’s degree; or five to eight years of prior similar operational management experience.
- Wear Army military uniforms or Service equivalent on a daily basis.
- Prior military experience with honorable discharge (10-years active duty service).
- Participate in and lead 5-day a week Physical Fitness Program for GMC’s Academy Scholars.
- Proficient in the use of information technology and business systems, including Microsoft Office.
- Army Master Fitness Trainer Qualified or Service equivalent.
- Military experience with time at battalion operations/executive officer level. Experience with Army ROTC Cadet Command, Service Academies, or National Guard.
Applications will be accepted immediately and search will continue until position is filled.
*Criminal background check and drug screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
COL, USA (Ret)
42nd Commandant of Cadets
Office: (478) 387-4899
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Acton Employer.