MS School English Teacher
The Colorado Military Academy is looking for an English teacher who will step up to the task of teaching our students strong English reading, writing, and grammar skills.
- Conducts an organized and professional classroom
- Implements rigorous and highly engaging standards based instruction
- Has an unwavering belief that all children can and want to learn
- Supports all students including students who are linguistically diverse and who have an IEP or 504 plan
- Develops and implements curriculum to ensure student mastery of Colorado state standards.
- Maintains curriculum to ensure the needs of students are met
- Demonstrates exceptional instructional practices
- Collaborates with other faculty in delivery of appropriate instructional approaches, working to serve the various learning styles and needs of all students.
- Models and fosters independent thinking skills, creative problem solving, and abstract reasoning
- Shows empathy and understanding of students
- Creates a safe learning environment where each child excels
- Must meet the requirements of a Highly Qualified teacher as mandated by the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- Expert-level written and oral communication skills
- Entrepreneurial outlook and charter school commitment
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong self-starter; able to work with limited direction
- Ability to pass a comprehensive criminal background check
Preferred Qualifications: Previous successful teaching experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 /year DOE
Work Location: One location
Health, dental, vision, life insurance and PERA retirement.