New Mexico Military Institute
Math Instructor – High School
About New Mexico Military Institute: NMMI is a state-supported, co-educational college preparatory high school and junior college, complete with Junior and Senior ROTC programs. With a Corps of Cadets numbering up to 1000 young men and women, NMMI provides an accredited college preparatory curriculum on the high school level and a transfer junior college, operating within a conductive military environment.
Position: NMMI seeks a tenure-track Mathematics faculty to teach high school mathematics courses beginning the fall semester 2022. NMMI values diversity among its faculty.
· Teach high school math courses and college courses when necessary using appropriate syllabi
· Tutoring and mentoring cadets
· Cooperating with academic advisors and Commandant’s staff to ensure student success
· Maintaining an active Professional Development Plan
· Serve on departmental and institutional committees
· Abide by institutional policies
· Exceptional oral and written communication
· Capacity to convey substantive knowledge to all grade levels
· Capacity to integrate technology, writing assignments and ethics discussions into classroom instruction
· Collaborative approach to teaching and learning
· Willingness to work with cadets in informal advising, tutoring, and mentoring environments
· Master’s degree in subject area or related field preferred, required within 5 years of employment
· New Mexico State Teacher’s License preferred
· Teaching experience at high school level
|Why Should You Apply?
· Small class sizes
· Diverse student body
· Curricular rigor and intellectual freedom
· Highly structured institutional culture and classroom management support
· Development and leadership opportunities
· Excellent pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement through the State of New Mexico
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter, resume, three current letters of reference, transcripts and a fully-completed NMMI Employment Application Form to: NMMI HR Office located in Lusk Hall, 101 W College Blvd, Roswell, NM, 88201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications and the ability to upload application packet are located at: https://www.nmmi.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/ . NMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.