|New Mexico Military Institute
JROTC Senior Army Instructor (SAI)
About New Mexico Military Institute: NMMI is a state-supported, co-educational college preparatory high school and junior college, complete with Junior and Senior ROTC programs. With a Corps of Cadets numbering up to 1000 young men and women, NMMI provides an accredited college preparatory curriculum on the high school level and a transfer junior college, operating within a conductive military environment.
Position: NMMI seeks a JROTC Senior Army Instructor (SAI). The SAI is the department chairperson and chief instructor of the JROTC unit. The SAI is responsible for the overall management of the JROTC unit at the school. Warrant Officers and non-commissioned officers may also serve as the SAI if he/she possesses a four-year degree (the degree is a non-waiverable requirement). Candidates must pass panel interview with education and subject matter experts before becoming an instructor. This is a 12 month, exempt, full time position. Job Description is available upon request.
· Must meet existing Instructor requirements as described in Cadet Command Regulation 145-2 and attend training
· Manage and conduct the JROTC unit according to school rules, regulations, and policies
· Must coordinate with senior school official to establish standard operating procedures relating to the administration, control, and training of JROTC cadets
· Strong communication and language skills
· Must be in good physical condition, able to walk extended distances, climb stairs, and participate in selected Corp activities requiring physical conditioning
· Ability to multi-task while managing time effectively
· Ability to work in a leadership role, such as supporting and maintaining a positive workplace culture
· Retired Army commissioned officer (if not currently certified by Cadet Command, candidates must not be retired from the Army for more than three years and be able to complete certification requirements)
· Applicants must be certified by the U.S. Army Cadet Command to instruct in the JROTC program (https://www.usarmyjrotc.com/)
· Lieutenant Colonel O-5 or Colonel O-6 preferred. Top applicants will have Battalion or Brigade command and teaching experience
· Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in education or a related field
|Why Should You Apply?
· Small class sizes
· Diverse student body
· Highly structured institutional culture and classroom management support
· Development and leadership opportunities
· Excellent pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement through the State of New Mexico
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter, resume, three current letters of reference, transcripts and a completed NMMI Employment Application Form to: NMMI HR Office located in Lusk Hall, 101 W College Blvd, Roswell, NM, 88201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications and the ability to upload application packet are located at: https://www.nmmi.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/ . NMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.