INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR
We are looking for a team player that will embrace the school’s mission of helping young men succeed in life. Are there admission jobs out there that pay more? Sure there are.. Are there admission jobs out there that have a rewarding mission as important as Southern Prep? They are few and far between. We are looking for more than just another employee, we are looking for the next member of our family. If you want to be a part of something bigger than yourself… then you should apply for this position.
The International Admissions Coordinator serves as the primary contact for international students regarding their initial enrollment, transfer, and integration into the campus community. The Coordinator will continue to develop and grow our international student body to maximize recruitment and retention. As International Admissions Coordinator you will work alongside our Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) through the US Department of State’s SEVIS system, and maintain an active and modern level of understanding of how current and future regulations impact the Academy’s strategic international enrollment management strategies. The Coordinator also facilitates the arrival of international students on campus.
- Promote, communicate, and support the Academy’s vision, mission, philosophies, and academic programs, as well as application, admission, pre-enrollment, and student service aspects.
- Strategically identify areas to host recruitment events. Travel and serve as host at events throughout the year. Develop new initiatives and events specific to the needs of key international areas.
- Responsible for initiating, tracking, and maintaining meaningful contact, leading to enrollment for all applicants and partnering closely with current international students on an F-1 Visa and all other non-immigrant visas.
- Familiarize incoming and current F-1 Visa holders and all other non-immigrant Visa holders with applicable federal and institutional policies and guidelines and field current student questions and concerns, serving as a main point of contact and support on behalf of the Academy.
- Ensures prospective international students have detailed information about their application status and aid them in developing action steps in order to apply, earn admission, enroll and matriculate.
- Proactively communicates, interacts, and responds to calls, texts, emails, and visitors. This includes prospective students, parents, agents and other individuals and agencies involved in the international enrollment process.
- Stay knowledgeable of current USCIS policies and guidelines governing F-1 applicants and students.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum qualifications high school diploma.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Worked as an Admission Counselor for at least two years, preferably International Admissions.
- Ability to speak, read, and write another language, preferably Spanish.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ease in using and learning technology for communication, record keeping, and management of data.
- Self-motivated with ability to function independently.
- Good writing, communication, and time management skills.
- Highly organized.
- Experience with traveling internationally (must have a valid passport).
- Ability to organize trips, buy tickets, make hotel reservations, and coordinate travel plans.
- Ability to work some irregular hours and travel on occasional nights and weekends.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with general public, co-workers and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, religion, age, sex, disability or political affiliation.
PROPOSED SALARY RANGE:
$35,000 to $42,000, depending on experience
Jenifer Isbell, Admissions Director