- Full-time High School/Middle School Math Teacher
Middle School Math Science
Position Summary: Oak Ridge Military Academy (ORMA) is a college preparatory military boarding school for young men and women in grades 7-12. ORMA’s students come from all over the country and world, and the mission of Oak Ridge Military Academy is to provide a diverse educational environment that encourages academic excellence, rewards self-discipline, and develops leadership potential. The structured military environment reinforces the mission and adds a transformative set of skills and values that can be applied throughout life.
ORMA is seeking outstanding candidates to teach High School and Middle School Science, Math, and Part-time Middle School Science & Math beginning in August 2021. Candidates should have certification and qualifications to teach High School/Middle School science or math and/or associated experience. Subject expertise and flexibility should be accompanied by excellent oral and written communication skills and an educational philosophy and worldview consistent with the mission and goals of ORMA. He or she must demonstrate proficiency with technology and a willingness to integrate technology into the classroom. He or she must be comfortable differentiating instruction based on the needs of students while maintaining rigorous college preparatory standards.
ORMA employees understand their work requires an attitude of servant leadership and dedication to its students and the Academy in general, and sometimes requires flexible hours or additional duties outside of the normal workday. He or she should have a strong desire to contribute to school life beyond the classroom. Dorm parent/campus living opportunities, as well as coaching and TAC Officer opportunities may be available for interested candidates, although not required for employment.
Current Needs: High School/Middle School Science, Math
· Bachelor’s degree required
Experience and Training
· Teaching certification in related subject area or grade level desired.
· Demonstrated leadership experience as a classroom teacher.
· Experience in curriculum development is preferable.
· Experience in the use of technology for instruction.
· A criminal history background check, including driver’s record, is required of all employees. Additional checks may occur on a regular basis.
· A drug test is required of all employees. Additional tests may be required on a regular basis.
· Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
· References are required; transcripts may be required.