Faculty – IPA (Mathematics)
STATUS: Exempt, 9-months, full-time
DEFINITION: The founding Math teacher at IPA will enjoy an extraordinary opportunity to develop and teach a unique, mission-aligned curriculum. IPA academics emphasize fundamental skills including daily practice in math. All core faculty also participate collaboratively in the development and delivery of immersive learning experiences. Salary is highly competitive and determined by education and experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by this class. NMMI requires all applicants and employees, including those with disabilities, to be able to perform the essential, non-marginal functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to employees with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential elements of this position. Marginal job functions are ones that an employer may transfer to other individuals or not require to be performed by an individual with a disability. It is the responsibility of an applicant or employee with a disability to inform Human Resources that an accommodation is needed either to complete application procedures or to perform the duties of the position.
- Lead the development of a mission-aligned mathematics program that emphasizes fundamental skills and prepares capable students for Algebra by eighth grade
- Collaborate in the development and delivery of mission-aligned immersive, intensive, and/or interdisciplinary units
- Teach five sections of middle school classes, which in the first years may include sections outside the core subject area
- Maintain communication with students, families, colleagues, and administrators in a spirit supportive of each student’s learning
- Participate fully in the life of the school, including events that may occur outside the hours of the school day and/or other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Commitment and ability to foster academic excellence at the middle school level
- Education, experience, and personal capacity to participate in the creation of a unique
mission-aligned curriculum and academic program
- Enthusiasm, energy, and resourcefulness to respond positively to the conditions of a
start-up environment in the early years of school development
Faculty – IPA (Mathematics) JD 03/2023
Willingness to align with school policies and practices outlined in the Faculty Handbook and other pertinent school manuals
This classification is in a standard office environment that has typical office functions. Often work is indoors, but may require outdoor activities related to job responsibilities. In addition to knowledge, skills, and abilities, individuals must possess the necessary physical capacity to perform the job’s essential functions as defined in this document. The job may require considerable repetitive hand and wrist movement, bending, stooping, stretching, reaching, and the ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in mathematics or equivalent evidence of subject area
- Teaching license or equivalent evidence of pedagogical knowledge
- Two years of math teaching experience at the middle school level or equivalent evidence of
Alric B. Pugh Jr.
Human Resources Coordinator
NMMI Human Resources
101 West College Boulevard
Roswell, NM 88201
Office #: 575-624-8091
Fax #: 575-624-8067