New Mexico Military Institute
Director of the Daniels
About New Mexico Military Institute: NMMI is a state-supported, co-educational college preparatory high school and junior college, complete with Junior and Senior ROTC programs. With a Corps of Cadets numbering up to 1000 young men and women, NMMI provides an accredited college preparatory curriculum on the high school level.
Position: The Director of the Daniels Leadership Center serves as a direct report to the Commandant of Cadets and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Center with supervisory responsibility for the manager of the Yates Leadership Challenge Course (YLCC) and the Center’s Administrative Assistant. The Director of the Daniels Leadership Center will provide strategic vision and direction to sustain and cultivate leader/leadership programs in support of the Institute. Position start date is 5 July 2022. Salary range is $70,000 to $80,000. Job description available upon request.
· Provides oversite and/or implementation of the following programs: Leadership Education and Training, Outreach and Special Projects, Experiential Learning, and Research and Assessment
· Responsible for the development of a Corps-wide community service program
· Responsible for the fiscal wellbeing of the Center and the preparation of the annual budget
· Preparation and submission of grants
· A working knowledge of student development and leadership theories /models, and how these models support a practitioner’s approach to learning
· Possesses the ability to design and implement curriculum, specifically as it pertains to cadet leadership and character development
· Ability to connect with local, state, and national colleagues to promote the mission and objectives of the Center/Institute
· A master’s degree in leadership, counseling, social sciences, business or education
· A minimum of five years of experience teaching, instructing, or counseling youth/adults ages 14 – 22
· Five years of management/supervisory experience
· Ph.D./Ed.D. in any of the disciplines noted above
|Why Should You Apply?
· Excellent comprehensive benefits through the State of New Mexico: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, sick leave, paid holidays, and much more
· NMMI offers a rich history and tradition of educating tomorrow’s leaders since 1891
· Development opportunities
How to Apply: Send application, resume, transcripts, and letter of interest to the NMMI HR Office located in Lusk Hall, 101 W College Blvd, Roswell, NM, 88201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications are located at: https://www.nmmi.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/ NMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.