MARION MILITARY INSTITUTE
INTENT TO EMPLOY Posting Date: July 21, 2021
POSITION: Director of Performing Arts (Nine-Month)
JOB SUMMARY: Provide instruction in collegiate-level music; direct band and chorus. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in music or a master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in music or related area;
- Experience with directing marching bands, concert bands, and choral performance;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Efficiency in the use of technology;
- Commitment to serving a diverse student population;
- Ability to deal effectively with students, faculty, staff, and the public; and
- Ability to work independently and also function as a member of the instructional team.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level;
- Military service or employment in a military school or college; and
- Experience in directing and presenting a theatrical production.ESSENTIAL DUTIES: In addition to adhering to general faculty policies and guidelines specified by the Alabama Community College System, MMI Faculty/Staff Handbook, and the Chief Instructional Officer, the successful candidate will also perform the following duties:
- Provide quality instruction in courses that the Department Chair and Chief Instructional Officer (CIO) agree will be taught;
- Direct MMI’s marching band, concert band, and chorus;
- Work with the CIO and Department Chair to develop and maintain course learning outcomesand departmental objectives and provide measurement of the same;
- Perform required reporting with strict adherence to deadlines;
- Develop, distribute, and adhere to detailed syllabi, including course outlines, in accordancewith the MMI syllabus model and requirements;
- Teach 15 to 16 credit hours or equivalent each fall and spring semester;
- Serve as academic advisor;1101 Washington Street | Marion, Alabama 36756 800-664-1842 | www.marionmilitary.edu
- Work with MMI’s Enrollment Management Office to actively recruit students to participate in the college band;
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet program and college needs;
- Assist in enforcing all college policies;
- Maintain professional conduct in dealing with students, staff, administrators, faculty, and thecollege community;
- Participate in workshops and meetings to contribute to professional development;
- Attend college meetings and participate in campus committees; and
- Support the College’s vision, mission, goals, and strategic actions.SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience according to the Alabama Community College System Salary Schedule D-1, Rank IA, for a nine-month contract ($42,214-64,402).
PROJECTED START DATE: August 11, 2021
- Completed application files must be received in the Human Resources Department by August 4, 2021 at 4:30 P.M.
- A complete application package consists of:
- MMI employment application (completed and signed)
- Letter of interest
- Current resume [Note: Resume should address how the applicant has fulfilled thequalifications, required and preferred (if applicable), listed on this job announcement]
- Copy of all college transcripts [Note: Applicants should submit ONLY those transcripts frominstitutions where degrees were awarded (Associates degree or higher. Official transcripts
will be required if one is offered the position)]
- Applicant files which are not complete by the closing date will not be considered.
- The College may extend the application deadline to ensure an adequate pool of qualifiedapplicants.
- Prior to a job offer being made, applicant must submit employment verifications from currentand prior education employers.
- Application forms are available from and should be returned to:Marion Military Institute Human Resources 1101 Washington Street Marion, Alabama 36756 (334) 683.2368 firstname.lastname@example.org www.marionmilitary.edu
NOTE: Failure of an applicant to submit, or MMI to receive, any item listed above, on or before the closing date, will result in disqualification from further consideration of the position. Only items which are postmarked on or before the closing date can be accepted after
the closing date. An application must be completed in its entirety. “See Resume” will not be accepted for previous work experience.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a minimum nonrefundable $17.50 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
MARION MILITARY INSTITUTE DOES NOT PROVIDE COPIES OF MATERIALS RECEIVED.
An advisory committee may review all application files. Individuals selected will be invited for an interview. The President may select one of the recommended applicants to fill the vacancy or may choose to reopen the application and selection process. Applicants must travel at their own expense. If you have a disability and will require accommodations, please notify use at (334) 683.2368.
MMI is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person in Alabama shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Marion Military Institute will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applications or employees. The school reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Carmon Paige Fields, J.D.
Director of Human Resources & Compliance
Marion Military Institute
The Military College of Alabama
800-664-1842 (Toll Free Within U.S.)
” src=”blob:https://amcsus.org/a3fb9167-d5bb-4f00-87c2-69da5e3fca45″ alt=”cid:image001.png@01D60CE1.A188A470″ border=”0″ class=”Apple-web-attachment Singleton”>