To prepare cadets for today’s colleges and tomorrow’s careers by engaging cadets in a rigorous and high-tech curriculum in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) while building strong moral character through an environment of military leadership development.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in social work or counseling
- School counselor endorsement preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as 504 coordinator; writes 504 plans in Alpine and coordinates 504 meetings. Maintains 504 files.
- Support the mental health needs of students in the buildings assigned.
- Respond to crisis/events within the buildings assign.
- Participate in the IEP process.
- Utilize technology such as Microsoft Excel to organize data.
- Consultation regarding behavioral/instructional strategies, program development, staff development, best educational practices and current research findings connected to mental health issues.
- Ensure the implementation and facilitation of special education processes and programs across the district.
- Build rapport with students who have mental health needs.
- Continue professional growth.
- Support collaborative partnerships.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Effectively communicate.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Solve problems.
- Perform assigned and related duties. Work with school Leadership team for problem solving and crisis management.
Work Environment & Conditions:
Business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00pm on school days. Schedule will be adjusted for inclement weather. Shifts in excess of 5 hours receive a 30-minute unpaid, duty-free lunch.
Clean, business casual attire.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary $50,000.00 /year