Hargrave Military Academy
200 Military Drive
Chatham, VA, 24531
Position: Commandant/Dean of Students
Reports to: President, Hargrave Military Academy
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Commandant is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students during their attendance at Hargrave.
- Responsible for all military activities, including formations, parades, and exercises.
- Responsible for the dress, appearance, decorum, and performance of the cadet corps
- Assign, supervise and monitor the Teacher and Counselors (TACS) in order to provide a safe, healthy residential life environment.
- Enforce standards as defined in the Cadet Planner.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement a deliberate residential life program that develops cadets across the Academy’s four pillars.
- To maintain student discipline and follow through with correspondence and record keeping relating to discipline and Academy Boards.
- Coordinate new cadet orientation and assimilation of all new cadets into residential life.
- To develop, implement and execute the Cadet Officer/NCO Training Program.
- To schedule parent/teacher conferences and maintain records and correspondence relating to parent conferences in discipline and residential life issues.
- To develop, oversee and supervise the Academy’s Residential Life Program.
- Coordinate student activities with the Student Activities Program Director.
- Counsel students when necessary, working closely with the Academy’s counselors, other faculty, and staff.
- To schedule and coordinate special programs and gatherings during Assembly.
- Coordinate with Transportation Operations and Quartermaster for transportation and logistical support.
- To keep the President informed on cadet issues and all other relevant matters pertaining to school life.
- To recommend nominees to the Awards Committee for all military awards.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the President.
- To support the school and its leadership
Resumes being accepted now.
- Name: Laura Agnor
- Phone: 434-432-2573
- Email: email@example.com