The Commandant is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students during their attendance at Hargrave.
– Assign, supervise and monitor the Teacher and Counselors (TACS) in order to provide a safe, healthy residential life environment.
– Enforce standards as defined in the Cadet Planner.
– Plan, coordinate and implement a deliberate residential life program that develops cadets across the Academy’s four pillars.
– To maintain student discipline and follow-through with correspondence and record keeping relating to discipline and Academy Boards.
– To coordinate new cadet orientation and assimilation of all new cadets into residential life.
– To develop, implement and execute the Cadet Officer/NCO Training Program.
– To schedule parent/teacher conferences and to maintain records and correspondence relating to parent conferences in matters of discipline and residential life issues.
– To develop, oversee and supervise the Academy’s Residential Life Program.
– Coordinate student activities with the Student Activities Program Director.
– To counsel students when necessary, working closely with the Academy’s counselors, other faculty, and staff.
– To schedule and coordinate special programs and gatherings during Assembly.
– Coordinate with Transportation Operations and Quartermaster for transportation and logistical support.
– To keep the President fully informed on cadet issues and all other relevant matters pertaining to school life.
– To recommend nominees to the Awards Committee for all military awards.
– To perform other duties as assigned by the President.
– To support the school and its leadership
Preferred Qualifications Include:
– Retired Military Officer or E-9
– Bachelor’s degree or higher
Hargrave Military Academy offers on campus housing to the Commandant/Dean of Students.
Apply: Resumes and inquires should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hargrave is a boarding and day school for boys’ grades seven through twelve and one post-graduate year. The campus is located on 200 acres in Chatham, VA, an hour from Greensboro, NC and 40 minutes from Lynchburg, VA. Small and residential by design, the school has a 110-year history of developing leaders of character prepared for lifelong success. Hargrave is a family-oriented institution grounded in faith as we invest in a holistic approach to turning young boys into men and nurturing their potential into opportunity.