Army and Navy Academy
Chief Financial Officer
Position and School Details HERE
Reporting to the President, Army and Navy Academy seeks a strategically oriented and experienced financial leader with excellent team building and collaborative skills to fill the important role of Chief Financial Officer. The CFO will work closely with a highly functioning and supportive leadership team in helping the school achieve its mission. The CFO is responsible for establishing and helping to implement the financial and investmentmanagement aspects of the school. The CFO is directly responsible for overseeing the Business Office, Bookstore, and Food Services. There is aseparate Facilities and Construction Manager and Human Resources Manager who reports directly
to the President. In addition, there is a Summer Programs component to the financial operations, but this is overseen by a separate department. The CFO must be prepared to collaborate with and provide input and support to these important components of the existing program. The CFO develops and maintains a sustainable financial program that balances revenues, expenses and investment priorities. The CFO also works closely with the Treasurer of the Board of Trustees to prepare all financial operational documents.
- Managing the School’s financial position and producing periodic reports on fiscal stability
- Overseeing the preparation and management of the annual budget
- Overseeing and directing the treasury, budgeting, audit, tax accounting, purchasing, and insurance activities for the organization• Managing and directing tax reporting programs and overseeing the preparation and issuance of school’s annual audit report
- Serving as an active and supportive member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Board Committees include: Finance Committee and Investment Qualifications and Experience • Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or CPA is strongly preferred
• Five or more years in a financial or accounting related field is required
• Experience in non-profits and or some affiliation with independent schools or higher education is strongly preferred
- Extremely organized, punctual and meet deadlines
- Capacity to work collaboratively and in support of and with the Commandant of Cadets, Dean of Academics, Dean of Admission and Director of Institutional Advancement.• Interest in assisting with some program area of the school (athletics, leadership training, academics) will be given a high priority.Army & Navy Academy is being assisted in this search by The Finney Search Group. All interested individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes via www.thefinneysearchgroup.com/army-navy-cfo-application. Applications sent directly to the School will not be considered. Deadline for receipt of full application materials is October 31, 2022.
For more information about Army & Navy Academy, please visit: https://www.armyandnavyacademy.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.