About New Mexico Military Institute: NMMI is a state-supported, co-educational college preparatory high school and junior college, complete with Junior and Senior ROTC programs. With a Corps of Cadets numbering up to 1000 young men and women, NMMI provides an accredited college preparatory curriculum on the high school level and a transfer junior college, operating within a conductive military environment.
Position: NMMI seeks a tenure-track Business faculty to teach high school and possibly junior college courses beginning January, 2022. NMMI values diversity among its faculty.
- Teaching high school business and economics and possibly junior college courses.
- Tutoring and mentoring cadets.
- Cooperating with academic advisors and Commandant’s staff to ensure student success.
- Maintaining an active Professional Development Plan.
- Service on departmental and institutional committees.
- Abide by institutional policies.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- New Mexico State Teacher’s License in Business and Social Studies preferred.
- Teaching experience at high school level.
- Exceptional oral and written communication.
- Capacity to convey substantive knowledge to all grade levels.
- Capacity to integrate technology, writing assignments and ethics discussions into classroom instruction.
- Collaborative approach to teaching and learning.
- Willingness to work with cadets in informal advising, tutoring, and mentoring environments.
Why Should You Apply?
- Small class sizes.
- Diverse student body.
- Curricular rigor and intellectual freedom.
- Highly structured institutional culture and classroom management support.
- Development and leadership opportunities.
- Excellent pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement through the State of New Mexico.
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter, resume, three current letters of reference, transcripts and a fully-completed NMMI Employment Application Form to: NMMI HR Office located in Lusk Hall, 101 W College Blvd, Roswell, NM, 88201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications are located at: https://www.nmmi.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/ . NMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.