Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (based on credentials)
English / Social Sciences / Humanities
- Prepare course material and develop strategies to teach the course curriculum by meeting the college’s academic standards in areas of English, Writing, and other subjects in the social sciences or humanties.
- Develop and provide students with an approved Valley Forge Military College syllabus that follows an established template and includes the course objectives.
- Present lectures and facilitate group learning in classrooms.
- Utilize appropriate educational technology to engage students and enhance learning.
- Connect students’ current study to real-world applications, using lab and research assignments and linking
- coursework to previous/future study in related disciplines.
- Ensure that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives,
- that the material has been adequately addressed in the course, that concepts have been demonstrated.
- Demonstrate consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams, making certain that all tests are
- formatted with proper instructions – and provide timely feedback to students.
- Provide multiple evaluative formats for students to demonstrate their knowledge and earn their grades in the
- Create an atmosphere of mutual respect in the classroom by avoiding inappropriate comments about any
- individual, social group, or the college.
- Maintain proper records, grades, reports, and other documents and deliver them in a timely fashion to the
- appropriate academic administrator.
- Provide successful, active mentoring to college community
- Assist in training and mentoring of new faculty, and class observations and support of adjunct faculty.
- Participate in academic initiatives designed to support enrollment management, career services, and/or
- outreach to the community, including local high schools and community colleges.
- Actively participate in relevant professional activities in order to improve teaching and subject matter
- Serve on faculty committees as appointed or elected, and confer with advisory groups in order to modify course
- Help cover the work and reporting of the department in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
- Deliver capstone participation or advisement (outside of program).
- Actively participate with Industry Advisory Councils.
- Engage students in club activities.
- Increase the levels of student and college service involvement.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in related field of study required; PhD preferred. All degrees must be from regionally accredited institutes
- Three to five years experience appropriate to the course subject matter
- Two to five years previous teaching experience preferred
Penny Vander Wielen
Human Resource Director
Valley Forge Military Academy & College
1001 Eagle Road, Wayne, PA 19087