VALLEY FORGE MILITARY ACADEMY AND COLLEGE
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Manager
Department: Business Office
Direct Supervisor: CFO
Position(s) Supervised: N/A
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsibilities include but not limited to monthly bank account reconciliations, maintaining General Ledger system, the coordination and processing of account reconciliations and providing assistance with Accounts Payable.
- Ensure proper recording, accounting and reporting of all general ledger activity for month end closings.
- Reconcile bank accounts and other general ledger accounts.
- Assist with Accounts Payable check processing and Accounts Receivable duties.
- Review supporting documentation and note appropriate approvals related to payables.
- Prepare daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting as required.
- Act as liaison with outside contacts as required.
- Enter sundry deposit journal entries on a daily basis.
- Create weekly positive pay file for Accounts Payable checks / biweekly positive pay file for payroll checks and transmit to bank.
- Prepare weekly cash status statement.
- Ensure that all internal/external reports are prepared to meet established deadlines.
- Tracking of all corporate credit card usage by departments.
- Tracking of Capital Expenditures and Fixed Assets.
- Various Purchasing Responsibilities.
- Serve as a backup for processing biweekly payroll.
- Other duties as assigned by CFO.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance.
- Two to five years of experience with financial procedures including the analysis, detection, and reconciliation of financial records.
- Minimum of one year of experience using an automated accounting and financial reporting system.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Experience in an educational setting preferred.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, self-starter, ability to write and communicate effectively, ability to handle sensitive information, works well under pressure.
- Must possess the ability to work well with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be good at multi-tasking.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The administration reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.