Academic Assistance Lecturer
About New Mexico Military Institute: NMMI is a state-supported, co-educational college preparatory high school and junior college, complete with Junior and Senior ROTC programs. With a Corps of Cadets numbering up to 1000 young men and women, NMMI provides an accredited college preparatory curriculum on the high school level.
Position: New Mexico Military Institute announces an opening for an Academic Assistance Lecturer with a 9-month (academic year) renewable contract. The Academic Assistance Lecturer is responsible for facilitating a study hall program that is designed to enhance organization, study skills, time management and help students gain the confidence to perform in the rigorous NMMI curriculum. NMMI provides exceptional teaching conditions including small class sizes. This position will work four ten hour days (Monday through Thursday). Hours are subject to change, but are expected to be 0700-1600 (with 1 hour for lunch) and 1900-2100. Annual Salary: $35,000.
- Develop, plan, implement and assess an instructional program devoted to organization, study skills and time management
- Demonstrate commitment to skills/professional development; Remain active in profession and discipline
- Maintain relevant and timely knowledge of best practices in academic support services
- Communicate with counselors, parents, and commandant’s staff relative to cadet status as allowed by FERPA
- Teach cadets to effectively use NMMI support services
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Bachelor’s degree within five years of hire date.
- A New Mexico Teacher’s License at the high school level is preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to Mentor and advise cadets to enhance academic achievement
- Collaborative and cooperative demeanor
- Strong work ethic
- Cadet first philosophy
- Ability to use computer systems to report, review and respond to feedback from faculty and staff.
Why Should You Apply?
- Small class sizes
- Diverse student body
- Highly structured institutional culture and classroom management support
- Development and leadership opportunities
- Excellent pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement through the State of New Mexico
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but applicants are strongly encouraged to submit materials by October 31. Please send a cover letter, CV, three current letters of reference, and a NMMI Employment Application Form to: 101 W College Blvd, Roswell, NM, 88201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications are located at: https://www.nmmi.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/. Official transcripts will be required prior to contracting. NMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.