VALLEY FORGE MILITARY ACADEMY AND COLLEGE
POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Communications, Director
Department: Marketing and Communications
Direct Supervisor: President, VFMAC
Positions Supervised: N/A
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for overall marketing and communications programs of the Valley Forge Military Academy & College (VFMAC) for the purpose of promoting awareness of VFMAC and its programs, and to assist in maintaining good relations with the public, alumni, parents, friends, foundations, corporations and community, and to enlist the support of its constituents in helping VFMAC serve its mission and meet its goals.
- To assist in creating a strategic plan and budget communicating VFMAC’s philosophy, mission, and needs to various constinuants.
- To assist the Admissions and Development functions in preparing and monitoring the communications segments of those departments.
- To manage and maintain relationships with advertising, marketing and public relations consultants, including media allocation plans, advertising creative, market positioning and public relations opportunities.
- Coordinate maintenance of VFMAC website and Social Media sites to include content creation designed to market the institution to potential students and their parents.
- To increase VFMAC visibility in Social Media and other media in a positive way.
- To cultivate local, national and international press to secure stories to enhance public awareness of VFMAC.
- Develop and manage a vigorous public relations program to support VFMAC goals and objectives.
- To be responsible for writing, administering, and distributing VFMAC press releases.
- Develop special promotions, marketing, and communications strategies.
- Supervise a photographic program to support press coverage, special events, sports and Valley Forge programs
- Write, edit, design, and produce promotional materials for institutional advancement.
- Utilize market research to create ad copy and evaluate, analyze and buy advertising.
- Assist President in writing speeches and draft or handle special correspondence as directed by the President.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Education: Bachelors Degree required in English, Marketing and/or Communications.
- Five or more years in public relations, marketing, or advertisement, with demonstrated ability to work with news and other communications media.
- String understanding and ability to utilize various social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other mobile APPs
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with markerting, publishing software, and mobile APPs.
- Must be a team player and practice good management skills.
- Must be dynamic and have ability to represent and promote VFMAC enthusiastically.
- Well-organized, multi-tasker, detail oriented, self-starter, ability to write and communicate effectively, ability to handle sensitive information confidentially, work well under pressure.
- Availability for night and weekend work as required for graduations, alumni, and parent events.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The administration reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.