AMCSUS colleges and schools continue to pursue ways to increase cadet resilience and wellness.
All AMCSUS schools are cordially invited to select 5 members from your corps to complete in the 2018 AMCSUS Fitness Challenge (based upon the U.S. Army's current PT test).
The 2018 AMCSUS Fitness Challenge is designed for three separate cadet categories (Middle School, High School, and College). Cadets will be scored against others from the same category.
- The group of 5 cadets must take the challenge together on the same day/time (your school selects any date prior to 21 Dec 2018)
- All cadets must perform in all three events (Push-ups, Sit-ups, and 2-mile run)
- All events must be scored by adult school leader(s) (e.g. Commandant, TAC Officer, etc.) to verify only reps conducted properly (see standards below) are counted in the scoring
- Scores must be recorded on the spreadsheet and returned with a photo of the 5-cadet team to firstname.lastname@example.org NLT 21 Dec 2018.
- Awards and recognition will be given out to the winning schools at the AMCSUS Annual Conference Awards Banquet on 25 Feb 2019.
- Pushups (maximum qualified reps in 2-minutes) - To conduct a qualifying pushup your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankles. A qualifying pushup is conducted by lowering your entire body, as a single unit, until your upper arms are at least parallel to the ground.
- Situps (maximum qualified reps in 2-minutes) - Qualifying setups requires lowering the body until the bottom of the shoulder blades touch the ground. You cannot bounce off the ground, feet may not break contact with the ground, and hands must not leave the back of the head.
- 2-Mile Run - The two-mile run assess aerobic fitness and leg muscle endurance. While pacing is permitted, physical contact (pushing or pulling) is not allowed.